Saturday, August 18, 2007

Last day in China

Tomorrow we are headed home!!!!! Yesterday we went to the Amercian Consulate for the swearing in ceremony. Lots of sitting around and waiting for a very unceremonious ceremony. No pictures allowed. Grandma and Grandpa waited outside. Raised my hand and swore that all the paperwork submitted to the US government was truthful and accurate. That's it. No "I will be a good mama" or anything. Kinda a let down but who cares? That was the last official thing to attend!

Yesterday morning we went to the electronic market. Huge and crowded. Stall after stall of electronic stores. Must have been over 100. Then bartering through a translator. Very tiring but I got a DVD player for Jude for the plane ride home (with an extra battery).

Today we have just bummed around the island. All the shop owners know us by now. It is so lovely here. I hope to come back someday. We have been eating at the Cow and Bridge restaurant next door every day. Last night we had fresh coconut milk. Holy cow, Batman! Delicious! We will really miss eating Thai food once a day. It just isn't quite the same back home. But aside from that, I am so ready to be back in the good old US of A. Miss my house, miss my bed and miss my dogs. Jude is getting better about the dog issue. By better, I mean he no longer screams when he sees one. Still a long way to go with that.

We will leave the hotel at 0530 tomorrow morning for the airport. Ugh! Mama really hopes he sleeps well tonight! Our flight leaves around 8am for Tokyo. About a 5 hour flight. Then from Tokyo, we fly to Detroit. 12 hours!!!! (explains the DVD player, right?) Once in Detroit, Jude with have to go through Customs and at that point he will be a US citizen!! Then we fly to KC where my brother and his family will meet us and drive us home!! I can't wait to see Jude with his cousins! I also can't wait to see the look on my brother's face when he hears Jude singing "Jesus Loves Me." :)

Next post will be from home!! Woooohooooo! Thanks for all the prayers and keep them up as we travel tomorrow. With the time changes, August 19th will last 38 hours for us!!!!

No comments: